To celebrate the completion of Sir David Attenborough’s Life series we ran a competition for one lucky entrant to win a Canon Digital IXUS i7 camera!
To enter, people simply had to send us a photograph they had taken, which related to one of the following Life series:
- Life in the Undergrowth
- The Private Life of Plants
- Life in Cold Blood
- The Life of Birds
- The Life of Mammals
This competition is now closed. The finalists have now been selected by committee and can be seen online on flickr. The winners will be chosen by David Attenborough. Watch this space for further details.
By entering this competition, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- 1. No purchase necessary.
- 2. This competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of The Random House Group Limited or 2Entertain (the promoters), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the competition.
- 3. The Prize is 1 x Canon Digital IXUS i7 camera, and 10 x runners up prizes of Life in Cold Blood book and DVD series.
- 4. The prizes are non-transferable and is subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
- 5. Each person may submit 1 photo entry. Maximum file size 3MB. Multiple entries not valid.
- 6. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 7. No entries will be accepted after the closing date of October 31st 2008 and the promoter will not accept liability for lost or delayed entries. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- 8. A shortlist of finalists will be selected by committee and the final winners will be chosen by Sir David Attenborough and the winners will be notified by email.
- 9. The winners’ names will be available upon submission of a stamped addressed envelope to the address below.
- 10. The winners agree to the promoter's use of their name, address and photograph in relation to the promoter's publicity material.
- 11. Events may occur that render the awarding of this prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prize with out without notice.
- 12. Your personal details will only be retained and used by the promoter in order to send you your prize and will be deleted thereafter, unless you have ticked the box to sign up for our newsletter, in which case your personal details will be retained by the promoter in order to send you the information you have indicated you would like to receive. Your personal details will not be passed on to any third parties unless explicitly instructed.
- 13. The promoter's contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.